Sony Corporation of America, located in New York, NY, is the U.S. headquarters of Sony Corporation, based in Tokyo, Japan. Sony's principal U.S. businesses include Sony Electronics Inc., Sony Mobile Communications (USA) Inc., Sony Computer Entertainment America LLC, Sony Network Entertainment Inc., Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., Sony Music Entertainment, Sony/ATV Music Publishing LLC, and Sony Online Entertainment LLC. With some 900 million Sony devices in hands and homes worldwide today, a vast array of Sony movies, television shows and music, and the PlayStation Network and the Sony Entertainment Network, Sony creates and delivers more entertainment experiences to more people than anyone else on earth.
SCA seeks a bright, motivated, detail-oriented information technology or audit professional for an Information Technology Auditor Senior position in our New York, NY office. This position will report to the Audit Manager and the Audit Director based in New York, NY and will be part of the audit team responsible for Sony’s global recorded music and music publishing divisions and its US-based corporate functions. This position provides excellent international work experience and requires approximately 25% travel (primarily to top international destinations with some domestic and local area travel).
- Effectively complete audit planning, fieldwork and reporting for information technology, information security, system and integrated audit engagements; assess business / technology risks and the related controls and then provide practical, value-added remediation plans.
- Prepare audit reports that accurately summarize the most significant control weaknesses and resulting impacts to the organization.
- Participate in multiple and simultaneous risk-based audits, while maintaining departmental quality standards. Function as part of a team or operate independently as required.
- Represent Corporate Audit on company initiatives and special projects.
- Contribute to internal department initiatives, such as training, departmental development and other internal projects, as requested.
- Understand the Sony organization and develop relationships to provide value-added solutions and best-practices.
- Assist in developing and executing annual audit plans focused on the most significant risks in the audit universe.
- A minimum of 3 - 4 years of hands-on IT experience in information technology systems administration, information security or IT audit is required.
- Limited or no audit experience is acceptable if offset by strong hands-on, real-world, information technology skills; this is a unique opportunity for an individual interested in transitioning from IT operations to IT security and IT risk management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field is required.
- Certification is required and CISSP, GIAC and CEH are preferred; CCNA, MCSE, CISA and other information technology certifications are a plus.
- Possess the ability to identify and assess business process and IT risks and design audit procedures to effectively address those risks.
- Experience with network administration, network security, database administration and general IT auditing tools is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Networking, including TCP/IP protocol layers, Routing/Switching, Wireless Networking, VLANs, Intrusion Detection (IDS), Firewalls, and DNS.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating systems and Active Directory security, including Users & Groups, Group Policy, Domain Structures, Security and Auditing.
- Working knowledge of UNIX / Linux operating system security, including Users & Groups, System Configurations, File Permissions, Privileged accounts, Password controls, Security and Auditing.
- Working knowledge of IT governance and delivery frameworks such as CoBIT, ISO and ITIL a plus
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and IT General Controls is a plus.
- Must be eligible to work unrestricted in the USA.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.